Assisted School Census
What is it?
Our Assisted School Census Service assists schools with the preparation and creation of the school census return from SIMS. This service is delivered remotely and offered prior to each termly school census.
Why do I need it?
- To ensure that the latest fileset is imported into your SIMS
- To assist you in the preparation of your SIMS data for the school census return
- To create a successful school census return with the support and guidance of a SIMS consultant
- To receive expert help to resolve errors and queries generated by the return
- To receive guidance on statutory data items and where to record them in SIMS. net
What are the benefits?
- A SIMS consultant will help you to prepare your SIMS for the school census return
- During the service you will receive immediate expert guidance and support tailored to your specific school's census return
- Save administration time and costs
- Timely completion of the statutory return
- Any software issues can be identified and addressed early
- You can be confident that the correct procedures are being followed
'A fantastic and affordable service, saved a considerable amount of valuable office time allowing the census process to go smoothly without any fails or queries. Thank you again.' Hoole St Michael CE Primary School
"I would just like to express my gratitude regarding all the support I received from you during our school census. Your help was invaluable as it gave me time to concentrate on the daily running of the school office." Our Lady and St Hubert Roman Catholic Primary School
What is included?
- Remote access to your school's SIMS
- Checks to ensure that the latest fileset is imported
- Creation of a school census return
- Guidance through each of the panels within the census return
- Completion of the create & validate routine and advise how to successfully resolve the errors
- Advice on how to run the school census details reports
- Advice and guidance on the remaining data items and procedures to be carried out on census day
- Copy of the completions notes and submission guidance transferred to the schools desktop for future reference
What is excluded?
- The school will be required to provide all the relevant data to be included in the school census return
- The school census return must be checked for accuracy and officially signed off by the head teacher prior to submission by the school to the Local Authority
- BT Lancashire Services will not be responsible for the data included in the return and submitted to the Local Authority
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the census return are included. Further issues or queries with the school census return should be logged with the Service Desk on 0300 123 6797 (option 1)
- Amendments or new requests for assistance should be commissioned separately
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
How do I book this consultancy?
Please contact EducationSales@btlancashire.co.uk to arrange a booking.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
Please note that our discounted price is offered to all schools purchasing either our SIMS Managed Service package or our Software Only SIMS Support package. Schools purchasing our Finance Only SIMS Support Package may only receive Finance-related consultancy services at our discounted rate, all other consultancies are charged at our standard rates.
Is training available?
Yes, Lancashire County Council's Learning and Development Team provide a range of face-to-face training courses at its training centre in Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact email@example.com for more information.