SIMS FMS Academy Database Creation Service
What is it?
The SIMS FMS Academy Database Creation service is an additional service where BT Lancashire Services FMS specialists create a customised FMS database for your school on its conversion to Academy status.
Why do I need it?
The change of status to an Academy requires a new SIMS FMS database to distinguish the new establishment from the previous LA school financial system. As the Academy financial year runs from September to August, rather than April to March, a different set of dates and periods are required.
The new SIMS FMS database structure will mirror the current school's financial structure in many areas thus ensuring that familiarity with the cost centre and ledger code setup is maintained as much as possible.
What are the benefits?
- SIMS FMS provides a familiar financial management system for school staff.
- Cost Centre structures can be similar to the current school's financial structure or customised for your school's requirements.
- Ledger Codes can be similar to the current school's financial structure or customised for your school's requirements.
- Financial processes for Local Bank Account schools are identical.
- Reports are provided in the same format as the previous SIMS FMS database.
- VAT reports are built in for production to supply to HMRC.
- The database is created and installed by BT Lancashire Services, the service includes either one on-site consultancy visit or one remote consultancy session with a SIMS FMS specialist.
- Ongoing support from BT Lancashire Service is included for Academies that also purchase one of the BT Lancashire Services SIMS Software and Administration System Support service options.
What is included?
|Creation of the database||
|Installation of the database||
|Bespoke FMS setup service||
What is excluded?
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the Academy database are included. Further issues or queries with the FMS Academy database should be logged with the Service Desk on 0300 123 6797 (option 1).
- Ongoing support for the new database is only available for Academies that also purchase one of our SIMS Software and Administration Systems Support service options.
- Amendments or new requests for assistance should be commissioned separately.
- Additional consultancy sessions for maintenance, unforeseen developments or issues can be booked by emailing EducationSales@BTLancashire.co.uk
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Your school's SQL database must have been converted to SQL2012 If your school requires further support for the database after installation, you will need to purchase one of the BT Lancashire Services SIMS Software and Administration Systems Support service options. Please contact EducationSales@BTLancashire.co.uk for pricing.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
Please note that our discounted price is offered to all schools that plan to use our SIMS Software and Administration System Support service once they become an Academy.
* Additional Travel/Expenses apply for on-site Consultancy sessions outside the North-West England. All consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability.
Please contact EducationSales@btlancashire.co.uk to arrange a booking.
Prices Valid from 1 April 2020.