SIMS Parent App and Parent App Lite
About the Service
SIMS Parent App Lite offers a cost effective solution to easily communicate electronically with parents. The app is easy to use, providing a secure tool for collecting pupil and parent data. It offers a convenient and accessible solution for parents to electronically review and request changes to the data held on them and their children from the convenience of their phone, tablet or PC. The SIMS Parent App Lite version can also be upgraded to a fully featured service.
The full version, SIMS Parent App, takes communicating with parents to a whole new level, whether it’s sharing information such as attendance, or school reports, or sending reminders for homework tasks, all of the information is easily accessible from the convenience of their phone, tablet or PC.
What are the benefits?
- Easy to use and accessible from a smart phone, tablet or PC.
- Collect up-to-date information from students and their parents, to help ensure the accuracy of data held by your school.
- Cost and efficiency savings, through less paper data collection sheets and manual entry of data.
- Schools have the ability to send notifications to parents, reminding them to update their details.
- Customise the communications you send based on the needs of your school.
- Ease of management - Parent App Lite/Parent App are easy to use and rollout to parents, parents can use an existing email account to login, removing the need for a school to manage user accounts.
- Secure single sign-on functionality, using Capita's SIMS ID service, removes the burden of resetting passwords from the school.
- Schools can easily control which SIMS information they want to share with parents from the admin management portal.
- Parents with more than one child attending the same school can access information on all their children.
- Parental engagement evidence for Ofsted.
- Parents can provide additional information on crucial details such as medical information or dietary requirements, allowing these to be held in SIMS.
- Full audit trail in SIMS of all data collection requests and actions.
- Supports data upkeep. When a parent has submitted a change request, automatic emails are sent to nominated SIMS admin accounts. Administrators are able to view previous requests and details of any action taken via the audit trail within SIMS.
- Only contacts with parental responsibility can access information.
- Both versions of the app are offered with BTLS support so that you are fully supported for SIMS integration and assistance with the management console for SIMS administrators.
- Capita Annual Entitlement charges for SIMS Parent App Lite are inclusive within your main SIMS Capita Annual Entitlement charge (for installation and annual support please see pricing table).
Additional Benefits of SIMS Parent App (the full version of the App)
- Engage parents' with their child’s learning - Whether it’s sharing information on attendance, homework and timetables or school reports and conduct, parents can stay on top of their child’s progress. Schools can easily send automated alerts and notifications directly to parents' phones. A clear dashboard gives parents an overview of their child’s school life, making for more meaningful conversation at parents’ evenings. Parents are more involved and can help support development and work with the school to improve outcomes for children.
- Evidence for your next inspection – Ofsted are increasingly focused on how schools are working to improve parental engagement. SIMS Parent App provides an audit trail of the communications that can be used as evidence at your next inspection. The SIMS Parent App allows schools to provide information to parents in real time.
- Manage extra-curricular activities - New functionality means schools can now efficiently manage extra-curricular activities such as school trips, homework clubs and after school activities, reducing administration time for staff and helping to improve safeguarding. It enables you to easily send out invites, manage responses and keep parents regularly updated. Plus, schools can register pupils and access key information at any time.
- Delivers cost and efficiency savings on administrative activities - Enables your school to enhance its communication strategy for engaging with parents, while reducing costs and improving efficiency.
- SIMS Student App for secondary schools - Additionally, all secondary schools purchasing SIMS Parent App, receive the SIMS Student App as part of their subscription.
|Comparison of App Version Features||SIMS Parent App Lite||SIMS Parent App|
|Secure Mobile compatible web-based access||✓||✓|
|Available as iOS App from Apple App Store and Android App from Google Play||✓||✓|
|Parent can see all children even if at different schools||✓||✓|
|Create and Send Push Notifications||✕||✓|