Telephony Support Service (VoIP)
About the Service
The Telephony Support Service (VoIP) offers support for Voice over IP (VoIP) systems installed by BT Lancashire Services. Our VoIP systems are designed to provide internal phone extensions and to link to your external phone lines and your current telephone number.
The service uses a software based server as a PBX (Private Branch Exchange or internal telephone exchange), which also reduces the costs associated with buying and operating a physical PBX.
By subscribing to this service your school will receive support for BT Lancashire Services installed VoIP telephony. This will include:
- Ensuring continued operation of your PBX software.
- Patching and upgrading of PBX software and handset firmware.
- Changes to the configuration of the PBX.
- Support in the use of the PBX.
What are the benefits?
- VoIP technology enables the school to have any number of internal telephone extensions and potentially reduces the number of external lines, reducing costs and improving internal communication. The VoIP phones plug into network data points (the same type of socket PCs plug into).
- Future expansion is more cost effective than with a dedicated telephone system using its own cabling. Using PoE+ (Power over Ethernet) switches also removes the need for power cables and adapters for the telephone handsets, freeing power sockets for use by other devices or the need to have additional electrical sockets installed for the handsets.
- BT Lancashire Services will ensure your telephone system operates effectively and will provide both upgrades and support usage.