SIMS Timetable Consultancy Service
What is it?
Our SIMS Timetable Consultancy Service is designed to assist schools with their individual timetable needs. Consideration is given to the school curriculum and its demands, to ensure that the right strategic decisions are made.
Why do I need it?
Our consultancy service supports many bespoke situations, but typical scenarios include:
- Offer assistance and guidance with curriculum model design issues, scheduling problems, staff allocations, or any other specific issues faced during the timetable design and creation cycle.
- An assisted creation model – working with nominated individuals within school to create a timetable whilst helping to develop skills for in-school staff.
- The creation of a complete timetable in Nova-T6, with minimal school skills required.
What are the benefits?
- Dedicated support from a Nova-T6 Consultant through the timetable process, to manage unforeseen changes and resolve any matters arising during the creation of the timetable.
- To create, or aid in the creation of, a timetable that is best aligned to the curriculum aims and which reflects the ethos of the school.
- Offer alternative solutions to design, resource or scheduling issues to help manage expectations and inform decision making to avoid unnecessary compromises.
- To give school staff the required skills and knowledge to maintain the completed timetable.
- To use the most up-to-date features of SIMS Nova-T6 to improve efficiency and output.
- Ensure the Nova-T6 timetable is fully compatible with the school's SIMS administration system.
- Provide advice and support to give school staff the necessary skills to complete further timetable outcomes.
What is included?
- An initial consultation that will provide you with an estimated timescale and cost without obligation to proceed further. If appropriate a flexible framework for visits and sessions will be established.
- Planned consultancy slots with one of our Nova T6 Consultants.
What is excluded?
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the timetable construction or maintenance are included. Further issues or queries regarding the timetable should be logged with the Service Centre on 0300 123 6797 (option 1).
- Additional consultancy sessions for timetable maintenance, unforeseen developments or issues can be booked by emailing EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk.
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, the school must have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
Please note that our discounted price is offered to all schools purchasing either a SIMS Managed Service or SIMS Software Only support service. Schools purchasing our SIMS Finance (FMS) Only support service may only receive FMS related consultancy services at our discounted rate, all other consultancies will be charged at our standard rates.
All SIMS consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability. This service is offered throughout the academic year.
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
Are training services also available?
Lancashire County Council Learning and Development Team provide a range of face-to-face training courses at its training centre in Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact email@example.com for more information.