SIMS FMS Academy Database Creation Service
About the Service
The SIMS FMS Academy Database Creation service is an additional service where Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services FMS specialists create a customised FMS database for your school on its conversion to Academy status.
The change of status to an Academy requires a new SIMS FMS database to distinguish the new establishment from the previous LA school financial system. As the Academy financial year runs from September to August, rather than April to March, a different set of dates and periods are required.
The new SIMS FMS database structure will mirror the current school's financial structure in many areas, thus ensuring that familiarity with the cost centre and ledger code setup is maintained as much as possible.
What are the benefits?
- SIMS FMS provides a familiar financial management system for school staff.
- Cost Centre structures can be similar to the current school's financial structure or customised for your school's requirements.
- Ledger Codes can be similar to the current school's financial structure or customised for your school's requirements.
- Financial processes for Local Bank Account schools are identical.
- Reports are provided in the same format as the previous SIMS FMS database.
- VAT reports are built in for production to supply to HMRC.
- The database is created and installed by Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services, the service includes either one on-site consultancy visit or one remote consultancy session with a SIMS FMS specialist.
- Ongoing support from Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services is included for Academies that also purchase one of the Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services SIMS Software and Administration System Support service options.
|Creation of the database||
|Installation of the database||
|Bespoke SIMS FMS setup service||
- Following sign-off of the service, further amendments, additional consultancy sessions for maintenance, unforeseen developments or resolution of issues for the Academy database are not included. Amendments or new requests for assistance should be commissioned separately by contacting one of our Business Relationship Managers at EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, your school's SQL database must have been converted to SQL2012. If your school requires further support for the database after installation, you will need to purchase one of our SIMS Software and Administration Network Support service options. Please contact one of our Business Relationship Managers at EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk for a quote.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
All consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability.
Prices Valid from 01 April 2021.