SIMS FMS Private Fund Database Set Up Service
About the Service
Having an additional database within SIMS FMS allows you to record income and expenditure relating to your school's private funds in a secure, audited system. The financial year can run from September to August or April to March depending on your school's requirements.
The SIMS FMS Private Fund Database Service involves our SIMS FMS specialists creating an additional customised FMS database for your school, to enable you to manage your school's private funds. It is installed on your existing SIMS FMS installation and is accessed via a database selector (DB Selector), which allows you to choose which SIMS FMS database to open.
A separate financial structure can be set up to meet your school's individual requirements.
What are the benefits?
- SIMS FMS provides a familiar financial management system for school staff.
- Time saving - No need to spend time learning a new system if you are already familiar with FMS.
- Cost Centre structures and Ledger Codes will be customised for your school's requirements.
- Record all totalled receipts, all expenditure, banking and generate full accounting reports.
- Reports are provided in the same format as the School Budget Share FMS database.
- The database is installed by Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services and a consultancy from a SIMS FMS specialist is provided as part of the initial setup.
- Installation includes a "Getting Started with SIMS FMS Private Funds" guidance document.
- Upgrades to your Private Funds database will be managed as part of your SIMS support option.
- Annual support from our ICT Service Centre is included.
- The SIMS FMS Private Funds system is fully auditable.
- Documents giving guidance on "Opening the New Financial Year" and "Closing the Old Financial Year" will be emailed to schools in either March or August.
- Adaptable - Can be used with any third-party income system e.g. ParentPay.
- More efficient and secure than keeping details on a spreadsheet.
|Configuration of the new database
|Consultation Services and FMS Overview