Microsoft Annual Licensing
About the Service
Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services are pleased to provide schools with the opportunity to access cost effective licensing for Microsoft Software and Cloud Services. We offer two distinct models for schools to choose from.
Microsoft Enrolment for Education Solutions (Annual Billing):
We have arranged a single framework agreement that allows school customers to join a centrally managed Microsoft Enrolment for Education Solutions (EES) Annual License Agreement. The Agreement is valid from 01 January 2021 to 31 December 2023. The EES agreement enables your school to ensure it has licenses to use a range of Microsoft products and to ensure your school can comply with its Microsoft licensing obligations. Schools join the agreement by purchasing A3 licences and can then add other licences and services as needed.
Microsoft Select (One-off Purchases):
Our Microsoft EES Agreement allows schools to buy all the licences likely to be required but we also offer a separate Microsoft Select Agreement for schools who aren't subscribing to the annual licensing agreement and require perpetual licences.
What are the benefits?
- Ensures licensing compliance for all software and services covered by the Microsoft 365 A3 licence for all staff and pupils;
- We can also provide additional licences under the agreement. Server licences can be bought as add-ons to the agreement on a subscription basis (NB: if you have added subscription server licences to your previous subscription you would need to continue purchasing these as an add-on to each year's subscription);
- Ensures your school is licensed for your current software covered by the agreement and has the right to upgrade to the latest versions. This includes software on all PCs/laptops across the school and any new devices purchased during the life of the agreement (please note that laptops/desktops older than three years old may require replacement to be capable of supporting Windows 10);
- Easier EQU model (Education Qualified User)for counting staff users;
- Ensures pupils are licensed to use the latest versions of software covered by the agreement for the life of the agreement, including being able to benefit from the ability to download up to five copies of Microsoft Office for use on non-school devices while a pupil at your school.
- Helps your school with budget planning by ensuring your school has guaranteed pricing for the term of the agreement – it doesn't cost more if you purchase new PCs and need more copies of software (the cost only increases if your EQU count increases);
- If you also purchase either SIMS Managed Service support; our Technical Support for Curriculum Networks; or buy hardware, software and installation from us the centrally managed licence agreement makes each installation/upgrade of your Microsoft products much smoother and simpler;
- Keeps the process of Microsoft licensing simple, by including it in your SLA charges each year.