ParentPay (Online Payments and Income Management)
About the Service
ParentPay® is a web-based service for schools which enables parents to make secure online payments by credit and debit card or pay cash at local stores through the PayPoint network.
Schools can take payments for any items including dinner money, trips, activities or school uniform. It enables income management, reducing cash handling and improving cash flow. Over 11,000 schools and three million parents now use ParentPay for electronic payments. In Lancashire, over 300 schools have adopted ParentPay for taking e-payments.
ParentPay® Meal Manager is an optional add-on extra feature to provide cloud-hosted meal management and ordering for schools. It fully integrates with the ParentPay online payment system, offering convenience for parents and schools.
What are the benefits?
- One place for parents to pay for all of their school expenses.
- Reduction in cash handling, allowing your school to accept electronic payments from parents, including payment via Visa Checkout and Bank Transfer.
- Improved debt management and cash flow for your school.
- The ability to manage dinner money and school meals in Primary schools.
- Ability to take payments for different items such as trips, uniforms and other income.
- Multiple bank accounts can be set up including the LA, school fund and PTA for example, and income will be automatically settled to the relevant bank account, enabling a single checkout process for parents even when paying across different schools.
- The ability to integrate with Cashless Catering systems, SIMS and other MIS software.
- Optional service feature addon ParentPay Meal Manager (also known as CYPAD Meal Manager), a cloud-hosted meal management and ordering solution for schools.
- For Lancashire maintained schools, ParentPay integrates with the central schools' bank account and was implemented with the support of the Lancashire Schools Finance Team.
- Training is provided by ParentPay during the implementation process and includes access to a specialist adviser and online training.
- Free Termly User Groups with ParentPay held either online or at a Lancashire venue, for subscribing schools. An opportunity to learn about the latest developments and ask questions about features of the service. (Demo sessions are available for any school)
- The service is hosted in the United Kingdom.
The following features are included in the service:
E-Payments and Income Management
ParentPay® system provides a total income management solution for schools. With ParentPay® schools can:
Web Based Service
ParentPay® is only available through the web and accessed via a web browser. The application is not installed onto individual desktop PCs or accessed remotely via an Application Server.
|Multiple Bank Accounts||
ParentPay® supports payments into multiple bank accounts.
|Integration with Cashless Catering Services||
ParentPay® integrates with most Cashless Catering systems, allowing parents to view meal choices and menu options (additional integration charges may apply from Cashless Catering companies).
|Integration with SIMS||
This service integrates with SIMS by importing pupil data directly into ParentPay®.
ParentPay® has integrated emailing capabilities to email messages to parents, or schools can purchase texts to use the in-built texting service.
The ParentPay® Collection Service is designed to ensure that schools do not require their own Merchant account for online sales. ParentPay® is certified PCI-DSS Level 1 compliant by Trustwave and sponsored by Lloyds Bank Cardnet. All data is hosted in the United Kingdom.
|Optional Add-on Feature||Description|
ParentPay® Meal Manager
The ParentPay® Meal Manager (also known as CYPAD Meal Manager) allows parents to pre-order and pay for meals online and / or for pupils to select meals on the whiteboard, tablet, or laptop in the classroom as a ‘mop up’ facility for any missing meal selections. This is especially useful following a weekend or school holiday. Meal choices are then available for staff to serve the correct choice and confirm the meal has been taken.