Management Information System (MIS) Health Check
What is it?
This consultancy service provides a SIMS health check to review how your school could fully deploy SIMS across your school, to reduce demands on people and resources. Our SIMS specialist will also assess how SIMS can contribute to your school's improvement strategy.
Why do I need it?
- The consultant will assess how SIMS processes and procedures can improve your working practices and free up resources.
- We will demonstrate how to integrate SIMS to strengthen communication within school and to engage and inform parents.
- We will discuss with members of your school staff the areas of SIMS they use, give information about changes to the SIMS software and offer suggestions of time saving practices using SIMS.
- Identify functionality and data areas that are under-utilised, offering advice and strategies for implementation and successful usage.
- To ensure your use of SIMS is fully aligned to your school's business requirements.
What are the benefits?
- Efficiency savings through streamlined office processes.
- Improved use of the data held in SIMS to inform Senior Managers in their decision making.
- The provision of statistics for analysis.
- Improved information flow to parents.
What is included?
- A visit to your school to assess your current working practices using SIMS.
- A SIMS development plan including the prices for any appropriate consultancy services and training courses.
- A selection of topical supporting documentation e.g. SIMS Roadmap, How to guides.
What is excluded?
- Amendments or new requests for assistance should be commissioned separately.
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, in order to utilise this service, the school will need to have SIMS or FMS6 operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school. Currently, MIS Health Checks are only available to schools using SIMS.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
We recommend a minimum of two hours are purchased for this consultancy visit. Additional hours requested will be charged at our standard Price Band B consultancy rates.
How do I book this consultancy?
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.