SIMS Assisted Housekeeping Service
What is it?
One of our specialist MIS consultants will visit your school and work with you to run the housekeeping routines within SIMS.
Why do I need it?
This service is designed to make sure that your data in SIMS is efficiently maintained. Working with you, they will run the housekeeping routines within SIMS to ensure they are completed effectively and provide best practice guidance, where appropriate.
What are the benefits?
- Improves data consistency.
- Helps improve school staff understanding of different types of data, their uses and the links between data.
- Greater use of SIMS functionality.
- Helpful tips and best practice on when to carry out housekeeping routines.
What is included?
Supporting documentation detailing the processes to be carried out during the consultancy and a visit to your school to carry out SIMS Housekeeping routines listed below:
- Data formatting - To manage/maintain your data and make sure all name fields are formatted to your preference.
- Update fields - To update useful fields such as Mailing Point, Parental Salutations etc.
- Check for common duplications - To ensure that data in SIMS is not duplicated for Agents, Agencies and Addresses.
- Review out of date data - To delete data no longer required e.g. unlinked Contacts.
- Review user accounts - To prevent unauthorised access to your SIMS by deactivating redundant user accounts.
- Review user permissions - To ensure your SIMS users have permissions suitable for their roles.
- Identify potential efficiencies - To audit your current usage to identify efficiency savings i.e. ensure you are using SIMS effectively and running routines to keep your system in tip top shape.
- Review reports - SIMS report management, deletion of obsolete reports.
- Data maintenance routines - To keep your data maintained and develop the skills/knowledge to tidy it on a regular basis.
What is excluded?
- Any future amendments or new requests for assistance should be commissioned separately.
- Advice on GDPR implications.
- Advice on which pieces of school data need to be deleted.
PLEASE NOTE: Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services will not advise which data can be deleted and will not delete any data without express written consent from the School. This will be documented at the time of the visit and details recorded of the authorising member of staff sanctioning any deletion. If this Service is conducted remotely, an email detailing the information of data to be deleted will be requested on the day and no data will be deleted until this permission has been received.
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
How do I book this consultancy?
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
* Please note that our discounted price is offered to all schools purchasing either our SIMS Managed Service, SIMS Software Only Support or SIMS Basic Support package. Schools purchasing our Finance Only SIMS Support may only receive Finance-related consultancy services at our discounted rate, all other consultancies are charged at our standard rates.
The consultancy service MUST be carried out with a member of staff who has School Administrator access rights and the authority within school to make decisions regarding the data deletions/updates.
Is training available?
Lancashire County Council's Learning and Development Team provide a range of face-to-face training courses at its training centre in Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.