SIMS Assisted Timetable Construction
What is it?
Our SIMS Assisted Timetable Construction Service is designed to assist schools with their individual timetable needs. Consideration is given to the school curriculum and its demands, to ensure that the right strategic decisions are made.
Why do I need it?
Our consultancy service supports many bespoke situations, but typical scenarios include:
- Offer assistance and guidance with curriculum model design issues, scheduling problems, staff allocations, or any other specific issues faced during the timetable design and creation cycle.
- An assisted creation model – working with nominated individuals within school to create a timetable whilst helping to develop skills for in-school staff.
- The creation of a complete timetable in Nova-T6, with minimal school skills required.
What are the benefits?
- Dedicated support from a Nova-T6 Consultant through the timetable process, to manage unforeseen changes and resolve any matters arising during the creation of the timetable.
- To create, or aid in the creation of, a timetable that is best aligned to the curriculum aims and which reflects the ethos of the school.
- Offer alternative solutions to design, resource or scheduling issues to help manage expectations and inform decision making to avoid unnecessary compromises.
- To give school staff the required skills and knowledge to maintain the completed timetable.
- To Use the latest features in SIMS Nova-T6 to ensure an efficient timetable creation process. Ensure the Nova-T6 timetable is fully compatible with the school's SIMS administration system.
- Provide advice and support to give school staff the necessary skills to complete further timetable amendments.
What is included?
- An initial consultation that will provide you with an estimated timescale and cost without obligation to proceed further. If appropriate a flexible framework for visits and sessions will be established.
- Planned consultancy slots with one of our Nova T6 Consultants.
What is excluded?
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the timetable construction or maintenance are included.
- Further issues or queries regarding the timetable should be logged with the ICT Service Centre via our My ICT Incidents online form or by contacting us at 0300 123 6797 (option 3).
- Timetable maintenance, addressing unforeseen developments or issues are not included in the consultancy but additional consultancy sessions can be booked to resolve these. To order extra sessions, contact our Business Relationship Managers at EducationDigitalServices@gov.uk.
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need in place before I can use this service?
Yes, the school must have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
All SIMS consultancies are subject to SIMS consultant availability. This service is offered throughout the academic year.
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
Is training available for staff on how to use SIMS?
Education Digital Services School Applications Team provide SIMS training courses to all schools, including schools outside Lancashire.