SIMS Early Years Foundation Stage / Key Stage Set Up
What is it?
Our SIMS Early Years Foundation / Key Stage Setup Service is a remote service which will ensure you have everything ready in SIMS to enter the grades, generate the subsequent reports and submit the data to the Local Authority for the Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, EYFS, Phonics Year 1 and Phonics Year 2 re-take collections.
Why do I need it?
- To ensure that your SIMS has the latest Key Stage Assessment Manager resources imported.
- To ensure that your system is ready for recording all Key Stage assessments.
- To receive guidance on the statutory process and where to record your grades in SIMS.
What are the benefits?
- The resources will be prepared in SIMS by a SIMS consultant ready for Key Stage data entries.
- At the end of the service you will receive a demonstration on how to complete the data entry and perform basic analysis.
- Advice regarding which grades are available for each Key Stage return.
- Save administration time and cost.
- Timely completion of the statutory collections.
- Any software issues can be identified and addressed early.
- If you are new to the process or new to working in schools, you can be confident that the correct procedures are being followed.
What is included?
A remote one-hour session to:
- Import the correct Assessment Manager wizards for EYFS, Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, Year 1 Phonics and Year 2 Phonics re-take collections.
- Create all appropriate assessment user defined cohorts in SIMS.
- Provide an overview of the data entry process including advice on acceptable entries.
- Transfer a tailored copy of the guidance notes to the school's desktop for future reference and submission details.
- For those schools using SIMS Teacher app, advice and support will be given to enable teachers to add the appropriate grades directly into SIMS Teacher app saving additional time and resource in the admin office.
What is excluded?
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the EYFS / Key Stage collections are included.
- Further issues or queries regarding the EYFS / Key Stage collection should be logged with the ICT Service Centre via our My ICT Incidents online form or by contacting us at 0300 123 6797 (option 1).
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
- Yes, the school must have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service.
- The school must ensure that they are on the latest version of SIMS prior to this service being carried out.
- School should ensure that the user undertaking the EYFS / Key Stage set up service has assessment coordinator permission in SIMS.
How do I book this consultancy?
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is a one-hour remote consultancy service.
Is training available?
The Lancashire County Council Learning and Development Team provide a range of training courses at its training centre in Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.