SIMS Early Years Foundation Stage / Key Stage Set Up
What is it?
Our SIMS Early Years Foundation / Key Stage Setup Service is a remote service which will ensure you have everything ready in SIMS to enter the grades, generate the subsequent reports and submit the data to the Local Authority for the Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, EYFS, Phonics Year 1 and Phonics Year 2 re-take collections.
Why do I need it?
- To ensure that your SIMS has the latest Key Stage Assessment Manager resources imported
- To ensure that your system is ready for recording all Key Stage assessments
- To receive guidance on the statutory process and where to record your grades in SIMS
What are the benefits?
- SIMS will be prepared by a SIMS consultant ready for Key Stage data entries
- At the end of the service you will receive a demonstration on how to complete the data entry and perform basic analysis
- Save administration time and cost
- Timely completion of the statutory collections
- Any software issues can be identified and addressed early
- If you are new to school you can be confident that the correct procedures are being followed
What is included?
A remote one-hour session to:
- Import the correct Assessment Manager wizards for EYFS, Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, Year 1 Phonics and Year 2 Phonics re-take collections
- Create all appropriate assessment user defined cohorts in SIMS
- Provide an overview of the data entry process including advice on acceptable entries.
- Transfer a tailored copy of the guidance notes to the schools desktop for future reference and submission details.
What is excluded?
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the EYFS / Key Stage collections are included.
- Further issues or queries regarding the EYFS / Key Stage collection should be logged with the Service Desk on 0300 123 6797 (option 1).
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
- Yes, the school must have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service.
- The school must ensure that they are on the latest version of SIMS prior to this service being carried out.
- School should ensure that the user undertaking the EYFS / Key Stage set up service has assessment coordinator permission in SIMS.
How do I book this consultancy?
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is a one-hour remote consultancy service.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
*Please note that our discounted price is offered to all schools purchasing either our SIMS Managed Service or our SIMS Software Only Support service. Schools purchasing our SIMS Finance Only Support service may only receive Finance-related consultancy services at our discounted rate, all other consultancies will be charged at our standard rates.
Is training available?
The Lancashire County Council Learning and Development Team provide a range of training courses at its training centre in Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.