SIMS Exam Results Preparation Service
What is it?
Our SIMS Exam Results Preparation Service is especially designed for secondary schools to support them with preparation for exam results download day. A SIMS consultant will visit your school and work with you to provide advice and practical guidance in preparation for the day.
Why do I need it?
- To ensure that you can get the most complete and accurate data from Exams Organiser on results day.
What are the benefits?
Quickly provide various exam result reports on results day from SIMS with minimal effort including:
- School performance tables.
- Course and individual class performance (including residuals).
- Identify potential issues prior to results download day.
What is included?
- Check Exam Awards and Course Manager structure links
- Check Exam Basedata for missing information
- Demonstration of the result import process
- Overview of available reports
- Download and import of QN catalogue files
- Check and update the Exam Performance Indicator data
- Demonstrate how to record exams results which have no electronic basedata or cannot be transmitted electronically, eg.NCFE.to ensure inclusion in the School Performance Tables and exam reports
- Checking Assessment data setup for calculating Progress 8 and Attainment 8 measures
What is excluded?
Result processing on download day
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
How do I book this consultancy?
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, the school must have SIMS on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
Please note that our discounted price is offered to all schools purchasing either a SIMS Managed Service or SIMS Software Only support service. Schools purchasing our SIMS Finance (FMS) Only support service may only receive FMS related consultancy services at our discounted rate, all other consultancies will be charged at our standard rates.
All SIMS consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability.
Are training services also available?
Lancashire County Council Learning and Development Team provide a range of face-to-face training courses at its training centre in Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact email@example.com for more information.