SIMS Primary Year End Setup Service
What is it?
The SIMS Primary Year End Setup Service is a consultation to complete all the necessary SIMS year end processes in preparation for the start of the new academic year.
Why do I need it?
- To enable a smooth transition in SIMS from one academic year to the next.
- To save time on this complex annual procedure, especially as it occurs at a very busy time in the academic calendar.
- To ensure that your SIMS is set up correctly for the new academic year, and that all new academic year procedures have been completed prior to the start of the year.
What are the benefits?
Let a SIMS consultant take the hard work and strain out of the year end process for you.
- Saves time and administration costs.
- Timely completion of the SIMS year end procedures.
- If you are new to working in schools you can be confident that the correct procedures are being followed.
What is included?
The consultancy for your school will include the following:
- Check the existing Pastoral structure.
- Record changes to teaching staff.
- Create the new academic year.
- Update next year's Pastoral structure with staff changes, remove/add new classes and changes in the pastoral structure.
- Import CTF files for new pupils (if required).
- Record Leavers and Export CTFs.
- Promote the pupils ready for the next academic year.
- Allocate pre-admission pupils to classes.
- Print class lists for the new academic year.
- Print Attendance Registration sheets for the first week of term.
What is excluded?
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the end of year procedures are included.
- Further issues or queries should be logged via telephone on 0300 123 6797 (Option 3) or via our My ICT Incidents online reporting tool.
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need in place before I can use this Service?
Yes, the school must have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school in order to use this service. The following information must be available in school on the day of the consultation:
- Changes to classes i.e., additional classes, removal of existing classes
- Changes to the pastoral structure i.e., new year groups
- Details of leavers and the destination schools
- Term dates including INSET days
- Class lists
- Staff changes/details
- Pre-admission pupil records must have been entered into SIMS prior to the consultation visit if you require them assigning to classes.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on your school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
All SIMS and FMS6 consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability.
Is training available?
Lancashire County Council's Learning and Development Team provide a range of face-to-face training courses at its training centre in Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact email@example.com for more information.
How do I book this consultancy?
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.