SIMS Promoting School Timetable in the Summer Term
What is it?
The Promoting School Timetable in the Summer Term Service is designed to assist schools who want to promote student records in SIMS into the following year's classes before September. The Department for Education (DfE) advises that the academic year should not be started until after July, so this service ensures that schools are operating within this guidance when dealing with an early start to the academic year.
Why do I need it?
- Promote students into the following year's classes whilst keeping within DfE regulations.
- Save time with this complex annual process during a very busy time in the academic calendar.
- Ensure students are allocated correctly to academic classes for the June/July period of the year.
What are the benefits?
- A SIMS Consultant will assist you with this process.
- Save time and administration cost.
- Timely completion of the process well in advance of the date of the change.
- Ensure that the process is completed following DfE guidelines.
- If you are new to school you can be confident that the correct procedures are followed.
What is included?
- On-site visit to school.
- Preparing the timetable file created by school for the June/July period for the transfer to SIMS.
- Transferring the timetable to SIMS for the June/July period.
- Defining a named date-range in Academic Management and assign students to the relevant bands and classes for the June/July period.
- Printing timetables/class lists for the June/July period.
What is excluded?
- Timetable creation and timetable changes outside of preparing the timetable file for transfer to SIMS.
- Creation of the new academic year and pastoral structure in SIMS.
- Changes to the existing pastoral structure.
- Updates to Course Manager including course start/end dates.
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the Promoting School Timetable in the Summer Term process is included. Further issues or queries should be logged with our Service Centre on 0300 123 6797 (option 1).
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, in order to utilise this service, the school will need to have SIMS.net operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school.
- If your school uses Profiles Reporting then you must ensure that any reporting sessions end before the start date of the June/July timetable.
- You should be aware that if any students start Post-16 courses early then this can have an effect on the funding and success rate of the school's learning aims.
- Promoting the school timetable early may affect the ability to use the curriculum promotion routines in the next academic year.
The following will need to be available in school on the day of the consultation visit:
- Access to SIMS and Nova T6.
- List of the active date-range for the June/July timetable.
- List of manual student allocations/class lists for the June/July period.
- Access to a printer (if required).
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation. All SIMS consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
Please note that our discounted price is offered to all schools purchasing either our SIMS Managed Service or our SIMS Software Only support service. Schools purchasing our SIMS Finance Only Support Service may only receive Finance-related consultancy services at our discounted rate, all other consultancies are charged at our standard rates.
Are training services also available?
No, this is a consultancy based service only.