SIMS Secondary Year End Setup Service
What is it?
Our SIMS Secondary Year End Setup Service is designed to help secondary schools complete all the necessary year end processes in SIMS to ensure your system is ready for the start of the new academic year.
Why do I need it?
One of our SIMS Consultants will work with you to prepare your system:
- To enable a smooth transition in SIMS from one Academic Year to the next.
- To save time on this complex annual procedure, especially as it occurs at a very busy time in the academic calendar.
- To ensure that your SIMS is set up correctly for the new Academic Year and that all pre-new year academic procedures have been completed.
What are the benefits?
- Your SIMS year end procedures will be carried out with a SIMS Consultant.
- Save time and administration cost.
- Timely completion of the SIMS year end procedures.
- You can be confident that the correct procedures are being followed.
What is included?
During the session the following will be covered:
- Check the existing Pastoral Structure.
- Record changes to teaching staff.
- Creation of the new Academic Year.
- Update next year's pastoral structure with staff changes, changes to registration groups and changes within the setup of the structure.
- Complete pastoral promotion routines.
- CTF files for new pupils (if required).
- Allocate accepted applicants to registration groups*
- Record leavers and export CTFs.
- Export the new Academic Year Timetable Cycle from Nova-T6 to SIMS.
- Export the new Academic Year Curriculum and Timetable data from Nova-T6 to SIMS.
- Transfer of student allocations from Options (if required).
- Set up Academic Promotion Rules (if required).
- Complete student Academic Class allocation for the new Academic Year (where available).
- Print class lists and timetables for the new Academic Year.
- Check Lesson Monitor/Attendance setup for the new Academic Year.
- Apply the timetable in the new Academic Year ensuring classes appear in SIMS
What is excluded?
- Timetable creation and timetable changes.
- Support of the Options process.
- Following sign-off of the service, no further amendments or support for the end of year procedures are included.
- Further issues or queries should be logged with the ICT Service Centre on 0300 123 6797 (option 1).
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, the school must have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within school. The following information will need to be available in school on the day of the consultation:
- Access to SIMS, Nova T6 and Options (if required).
- List of term dates and school closures for the new Academic Year
- Changes to the pastoral structure.
- Changes to Registration Groups\Houses i.e. additional Registration Groups\Houses, removal of existing Registration Groups\Houses.
- Pastoral promotion paths e.g. 7BN -> 8BN etc.
- Access to any CTF files that need importing for new starters.
- Details of leavers and their destinations.
- Registration Group\House lists.
- Completed timetable in Nova-T6 (scheduled, staffed, roomed, class levels allocated, etc).
- Completed Options implementation (if required).
- Academic Promotion Paths e.g. 7x/En1 -> 8x/En1 (if required).
- List of Academic Allocations to populate Class Lists (if required).
* Pre-admission student records must have been entered into SIMS prior to the consultation session if you require them assigning to registration groups.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on your school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
All SIMS consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability.
Are training services also available?
No, this is a consultancy based service only.