SIMS Timetable Maintenance Service
What is it?
Our SIMS Timetable Maintenance service is designed to provide expert support and guidance for customers that currently do not have the resources within school to maintain the timetable or academic information within Nova-T6 or SIMS.
Why do I need it?
One of our SIMS Consultants will work with you to assist your school with the provision of:
- Changes to the Curriculum Model to add/remove classes to the structure.
- Room changes.
- Changes to classes allocated to teachers.
- Timetable changes due to new teachers to school, or staff leavers.
- PPA time and other non-class code activity rescheduling.
- Revise or implement an alternative curriculum strategy.
- Part-time teachers' change of availability.
- Teaching or student carousel(s) which need to be processed.
What are the benefits?
- Reduced burden on teaching or support staff.
- Time and cost savings.
- Support, advice and guidance for new timetablers or academic managers undertaking changes for the first time.
- All changes to the timetable are done with assistance from a Nova-T6 Consultant.
- A greater awareness of functionality available for the timetabling process.
What is included?
- Initial assessment of the timetable requirements.
- Support, advice and guidance on your school's specific issues.
What is excluded?
- Following the completion of the agreed consultation service, no further support is included. Further issues or queries regarding the timetable after sign-off should be logged with the ICT Service Desk via our My ICT Incidents online form or via telephone: 0300 123 6797 (option 3).
- Additional consultancy sessions for timetable maintenance can be booked by emailing EducationDigitalServices@gov.uk.
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, the school must have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service and have access to SIMS and Nova T6.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery is provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
All SIMS consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability. This service is offered throughout the academic year.
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
Are training services also available?
No, this is a consultancy service only.