SIMS Timetable Maintenance Service
What is it?
Our Timetable Maintenance service is designed to provide expert support and guidance for teaching or support staff that have responsibility for maintaining the timetable in SIMS.
Why do I need it?
To assist your school with the provision of:
- Room changes
- Teachers swapping classes
- PPA time & other Non-Class Code activity rescheduling
- Part-time teachers' change of availability
- Teaching carousel(s) which need to be processed
What are the benefits?
- Reduced burden on teaching or support staff
- Time and cost savings
- Support, advice and guidance for new timetablers and academic manager undertaking changes for the first time
- All changes to the timetable are done with assistance from a Nova-T6 Consultant
- A greater awareness of functionality available for the timetabling process
What is included?
- Initial assessment of the timetable requirements
- Support, advice and guidance on your school's specific issues
What is excluded?
Following the completion of the agreed consultation service, no further support is included. Further issues or queries regarding the timetable after sign-off should be logged with the Service Desk on 0300 123 6797 (option 1).
Additional consultancy sessions for timetable maintenance, unforeseen developments or issues can be booked by emailing EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk.
What does it cost?
Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, the school must have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery is provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
Please note that our discounted price is offered to all schools purchasing either a SIMS Managed Service or SIMS Software Support Only Service. Schools purchasing the SIMS Finance (FMS) Only Support Service may only receive FMS related consultancy services at our discounted rate, all other consultancies are charged at our standard rates.
All SIMS consultancies are subject to SIMS Consultant availability. This service is offered throughout the academic year.
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
Are training services also available?
No, this is a consultancy based service only.