Anti-Virus and Threat Protection Service (Sophos Central)
About the Service
The Anti-virus and Threat Protection Service (Sophos Central) provides schools with licences for a comprehensive suite of technologies to protect your school's devices from a wide variety of threats. Sophos Central is a cloud-hosted security suite that provides schools access to modern security tools and protection.
This service includes licencing for the following features:
- Threat Protection (Anti-Virus) – Detection and automatic removal of ransomware, viruses and malware.
- Application Control – Block, allow or monitor Applications by category or name.
- Device Control – Block, allow or monitor removable media and peripherals such as USB sticks, Bluetooth or DVDs.
- Data Loss Prevention – Block, allow or monitor the transfer of confidential information from your ICT systems.
We will configure your school's service with the Threat Protection (Anti-Virus) configuration, you can then either use "as is" or customise to your school's needs by adding the other features.
What are the benefits?
- Sophos Central can quickly detect and disinfect a wide range of threats.
- Your subscription will allow you to install the Sophos Central Intercept X Advanced (CIXA) or Sophos Central Intercept X Advanced for Server (SVRCIXA) endpoint protection on each compatible device in your school.
- By protecting your ICT systems and data, you are helping to ensure your compliance with data protection requirements.
- Each school has access to their own Sophos Central Dashboard.
- Email alerting to schools in the case of outstanding events.
- Comprehensive reporting capability.
- The option to further secure devices by controlling the applications they run or the peripherals that connect to them.
|Sophos Central InterceptX Advanced Licences||
Licences included within our 2022-23 subscription are:
Sophos Central Endpoint Protection provides comprehensive protection for PCs, servers and devices against:
Sophos Central Endpoint Protection will provide automated detection and disinfection of viruses and malware on all Sophos protected PCs, devices and servers.
Where automated disinfection cannot complete, manual intervention will be needed. Your School Sophos administrators will receive a notification email to warn them intervention may be needed.
Preconfigured Threat Protection (Anti-Virus) default policy settings will ensure (policy settings can be used "as is" or modified as required):
|Local Administration (Sophos Central Dashboard)||
Installation instructions for PCs, servers and devices are available from the Support pages on our website. These include guides and videos.
Information provided by Sophos is here:
The following additional features are also included in your annual subscription on a licence only basis. Schools may choose to enable these extra features themselves, if required:
Block, allow or monitor removable media such as:
|Application control (Licence Only)||
Data Loss Protection (DLP) (Licence only)