SIMS Equipment Register Set Up
What is it?
SIMS Equipment Register allows you to manage and maintain a complete inventory of all equipment in your school and is included in SIMS FMS as part of your SIMS licence. Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services offer schools an Equipment Register Setup Service to assist schools with the preparation and implementation of the school's electronic stock book – the SIMS Equipment Register module.
Why do I need it?
To ensure your SIMS Equipment Register is configured correctly.
What are the benefits?
- Equipment Register will be set up ready to use immediately.
- Time and administrative cost savings.
- Produce reports on assets held at any time.
- Produce reports to show stock by room.
- Produce reports to show stock by responsible staff.
- Items can be recorded as disposed of and reported upon for Governors.
- Record and report on stock takes and inspections (e.g. PAT Testing).
- If you are new to your school you can be confident the correct set up procedures are being followed.
What is included?
- Site visit to your school (or can be delivered remotely).
- Creation of the correct user access permissions.
- Set up disposal definitions for items.
- Create school specific equipment Categories to define items of stock.
- Set up of Rooms and Staff in SIMS.net (if required).
- To ensure the Rooms and Staff are imported from SIMS .net.
- To populate the Equipment Register from FMS for recent purchases.
- Check the latest finance information has been imported.
- Import stock items from Excel if required.
- Advise how to run the reports.
What is excluded?
- Following the completion of the agreed consultation service, no further support is included. Further issues or queries regarding the Equipment Register after sign-off should be logged with our ICT Service Centre via our My Incidents online reporting form or on 0300 123 6797 (option 1).
- Additional consultancy sessions for Equipment Register, unforeseen developments or issues can be booked by emailing EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk.
- The school will be required to provide all the relevant data to be included in the register.
- The school will need to have the correct staff and rooms recorded in SIMS if you do not wish the consultant to set them up.
- Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services will not be responsible for the data included in the register
What does it cost?
- Log-in to find out information on our pricing.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, the school will need to have SIMS and FMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on your school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
Are there any restrictions on this service?
All SIMS and FMS consultancies are subject to SIMS consultant availability.
This service is offered throughout the academic year.
Are training services also available?
Lancashire County Council's Learning and Development Team provide a range of face-to-face training courses at its training centre in Preston, Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact email@example.com for more information.
We recommend all users undertaking the management of the SIMS Equipment Register attend the Equipment Register course offered by the Learning and Development Team.