SIMS Teacher App
About the Service
Using SIMS Teacher App on an iPad makes everyday classroom tasks simple, allowing more time for teachers to focus on their pupils. With access to student information, updates on key areas of registration, conduct and assessment, the SIMS Teacher App helps to support safeguarding and improved teaching and learning by ensuring you have the latest data for your students in real-time.
The SIMS Teacher App has been designed specifically to support teachers in achieving even more by simplifying key classroom activities and reducing time spent on classroom administration, making sure teachers have the information they need at their fingertips without needing to ask the office.
What are the benefits?
- Makes registration quicker and easier both in class or on the go (online or offline).
- Supports safeguarding with real-time attendance updates for students.
- Monitor and record achievements and behaviour for students in real-time.
- Flexible secure access to update conduct and assessment results - in school or at home.
- Makes key classroom admin tasks simple so teachers can spend more time with students.
- Access to emergency contact information whilst away from the school buildings.
- Teachers can easily enter grades, comments and marks in Assessment Marksheets or Programme of Study Tracking Entry grids.
The following features are available in SIMS Teacher App when using the app on an iPad (iOS system):
- Real-time SIMS data read-write.
- 24/7 access from any location with Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
- Microsoft or Google account & Office 365 active directory integration.
- Offline access – ‘take my day offline’ feature.
- Record class registration/ attendance.
- Auto record minutes late.
- School defined attendance codes.
- Record achievement and behaviour for a student or groups of students.
- View student details (emergency contacts, medical/dietary information).
- Student Search and Teacher Search.
- Teacher timetable view (view your own timetable).
- Student timetable view.
- Cover lessons displayed in the teacher timetable.
- Emergency cover (act on behalf of another teacher).
- Integrated assessment mark sheets.
- Programme of Study formative and summative assessment.
- Support Staff access.
- SIMS Dinner Money registers integration to record school meals.