About the Service
The SIMS Consultancy service provides a wide range of specialist consultancy services to complement the use of SIMS or FMS6 in schools. This on-demand service is available to any school either on-site or remotely.
What is it?
Consultancy Services Available
- SIMS Assisted School and Workforce Census Setup
- SIMS Timetable Consultancy Service
- SIMS Early Years Foundation Stage / Key Stage Set Up
- SIMS Assessment Manager Consultancy
- SIMS Equipment Register Set Up
- SIMS FMS Private Fund Database Set Up Service
- Management Information System (MIS) Health Check
- SIMS Behaviour Management Set Up
- SIMS Dinner Money Setup (Additional Option)
- SIMS Exam Results Preparation Service
- SIMS FMS Academy Database Creation Service
- SIMS Health Check for Post 16 Return
- SIMS Primary Year End Setup Service
- SIMS Secondary Year End Setup Service
- SIMS Promoting School Timetable in the Summer Term
- SIMS Timetable Maintenance Service
- SIMS Assisted Housekeeping Service
What are the benefits?
Would you like to understand SIMS more? Would you like to implement a new way of monitoring your pupils' progress, but don't know where to start?
SIMS has the capacity to record, store and analyse many forms of data in multiple ways!
- As a new Headteacher or as a member of staff you may ask "Where do I start?" Even after training, you may still need advice on how to apply your new found skills to your school’s particular circumstances, or you may want to develop those skills further within your school environment.
- Lancashire County Council Education Digital Services can support you in implementing new ways of working and reaching that goal through assisted setup services and consultancy sessions.
- There may also be occasions when a crucial member of staff is unexpectedly absent from school at a critical time of the year. Our expert SIMS Consultants can support you during these times*, whether it is creating your timetable, applying it to SQL or setting up your new academic year in SIMS.
- This service provides customised support, advice and guidance specific to your school's business requirements and needs, enabling you to maximise the use of SIMS and the data it holds. This can reduce the burden on school staff, reduce costs and improve efficiency with school office procedures and SIMS maintenance.
- By using our SIMS Consultancy services you can be assured you are providing the very best support and guidance for your staff, especially if they are new to their role.
- Consultancy sessions can be delivered remotely or on-site for schools in the North-West.
The SIMS Consultancy Service is charged on an hourly basis. We will provide a quote for the service, following the initial telephone consultation to establish your school's requirements.
Initial Consultation (by telephone)
To assess the school's business requirements and provide a no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery.
Should a subsequent consultation session be required we will discuss how the consultancy work is progressing and address any queries that may have arisen since the previous consultation.
Upon signing up for a consultancy service, a session with a SIMS consultant will be arranged to address your school's business requirements. See pricing table for list of available sessions.
How do I make a booking?
Please contact EducationDigitalServices@Lancashire.gov.uk to arrange a booking.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
Yes, the school will need to have SIMS or FMS6 operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service.
How many consultancy hours are included as part of this service?
This is dependent on the school's requirements. A no obligation quote for costs and timescale for delivery are provided following an initial consultation.
Are training services also available?
Lancashire County Council's Learning and Development Team provides a range of face-to-face training courses at its training centre in Lancashire. These are open to all schools, including those outside Lancashire. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.